Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 11, Royals 6: Overbay collects five RBIs
- These Yankees are from the Island of Misfit Toys
- Top 10 Yankee pitching moments since 1996
- Yankees minor league injury updates
- Dellin Betances has been moved to the bullpen
- Curtis Granderson gets a hit in his first rehab game
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/9/13: Losses for everyone
Around the Internet
- Call Up - New York Daily News | Mark Feinsand: The Yankees intend to call up David Adams as soon as he becomes eligible on May 15th and will give him a chance to play every day.
- What Phelps Needs to Work On - It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: If David Phelps wants to stick in the rotation, he will have to start throwing more four-seam fastballs for strikes and more changeups in general.
- RC3K - ESPN New York | Andrew Marchand: The question is not if Robinson Cano can reach 3,000 hits, but will he do it as a Yankee?
- Pitcher Shuffle - YES Network | Lou DiPietro: The Yankees' minor league system made several roster moves between levels. Caleb Cotham, Mikey O'Brian, Matt Daley, Fred Lewis and others were all promoted.
- Looking Like the Orioles - NoMaas | Egon Spengler: The 2013 Yankees season is shaping up to be a lot like the 2012 Baltimore Orioles season with their above average pitching, average offense and excellent record in one run games.
- Foot Injury - New york Post | George A. King III: Robinson Cano aggravated a toe injury he suffered from a foul ball when he covered first base against the Rockies. The injury might have been why Cano had slipped into a 5-for-28 slump.
- Reliever: Dellin Betances was 'surprised' when he was told he would be working out of the bullpen.
- Doubleheader: The Yankees are considering Ivan Nova, Brett Marshall, Vidal Nuno, Adam Warren, and even CC Sabathia to start one of the doubleheader games on Monday.
- Oblique: Joba Chamberlain threw a pain free bullpen yesterday and will throw another on Sunday before going on a rehab assignment.
- Rehab Assignment: Michael Pineda will need to throw 65 pitches before he can go on 30-day rehab assignment.
- Expand Repertoire: The Yankees don't see Chien-Ming Wang as a major league option right now because even though he has been successful with his sinker, the Yankees want him to mix in his other pitches as well.
- Rule V: Cesar Cabral must be put on the 25-man roster this season or he can declare himself a free agent.
- No Mo Zone: Mariano Rivera returns to the scene of the crime one year later.
Questions of the Day
- How will Dellin Betances do as a reliever and when will he be able to help the big league team?
- What player has the best baseball name?
- What is your favorite fictional weapon?
- Would you be interested in a fanpost series? What should it be about? Would you contribute?
Coming Up Today
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/10/13: Rafael DePaula strikes out 12; wins for everyone @ 9 am
- Curtis Granderson could return Tuesday @ 11 am
- MLB & Louisville Slugger enforcing exclusive rights overshadows the point of pink bats @ 2 pm
- Are the Yankees playing over their heads? @ 5 pm
- New York Yankees @ Kansas City Royals at 7:10 pm (Game Thread at 6:30 pm)