Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Yankees 3, Rockies 1: Rain cannot stop Yankees from winning series
- Yankees' offense is behind the eight ball, but Girardi has lineup pitching in
- Mark Newman on the Yankees' farm: Montgomery, DePaula, Refsnyder, and more
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/8/13: Shane Greene strikes out twelve, Rob Refsnyder keeps rolling
Around the Internet
- No Big Deal - NoMaas | SJK: Joe Girardi batted David Phelps 8th and Twitter exploded over the fact that Austin Romine would lose his confidence, but the strategy actually has its merits.
- Third Base - ESPN New York | Wallace Matthews: Vernon Wells discusses the excitement of being an outfielder and playing third base.
- What Nova Needs to Work On - It's About the Money | Brad Veitrogoski: While Ivan Nova is rehabbing a triceps injury it might be good for him to start mixing in more sliders, improve his approach against righties and some better luck wouldn't hurt either.
- Projections and Expectations - Pinstripe Pundits | Derek Albin: Despite everyone declaring the 2013 season to be doomed before it even started, it turns out that the team has performed better in both hitting and pitching than their ZiPS projections.
- Not Hot - It's About the Money | Tamar Chalker: Slade Heathcott, Dante Bichette Jr, Cito Culver, Dellin Betances, and Matt Tracy were the Yankee prospects who were the most disappointing in April.
- Released - The Times-Tribune | Donnie Collins: Minor league lefty relievers Juan Cedeno and Shaeffer Hall were both released from the organization, even though they have been effective in Triple-A and Double-A, respectively, this season.
- Return - The Trentonian | Josh Norris: After making it to Double-A Trenton last season, Mikey O'Brien was assigned back to High-A Tampa to start the 2013 season, but now he's on his way back up.
- SS Depth: The Yankees acquired shortstop Alberto Gonzalez for a player to be named later or cash. Gonzalez played for the Yankees from 2007-2008 after coming over from the Diamondbacks in the Randy Johnson trade.
- Milestone: Only Lou Gehrig, Mickey Mantle, Don Mattingly and Derek Jeter reached 1,500 hits as a Yankee faster than Robinson Cano.
- Dingers: Robinson Cano passed Paul O'Neill for 17th place on the all-time Yankees home run list with 186.
- Released: Lefty Shaeffer Hall was released by the Trenton Thunder even after being converted to a reliever and pitching to a 3.32 ERA and a 2.88 FIP in 19 innings.
- Almost There: Eduardo Nunez fielded yesterday and hopes to swing today in order to be available for the game.
- Buy Yankees Tickets: If you're in New York you should go see the Yankees play the Mariners next week.
Questions of the Day
- How would you deal with the Angel Hernandez fiasco and bad umpiring overall?
- Who do you bench when Curtis Granderson comes back?
- What fictional animal would you most want as a pet?
- What can Pinstriped Bible do for you to improve content and community discussion?
Coming Up Today
- Baby Bomber Recap 5/9/13: Losses for everyone @ 9 am
- Curtis Granderson gets a hit in his first rehab game @ 12 pm
- Yankees minor league injury updates @ 2 pm
- Top 10 Yankee pitchers' hitting moments since 1996 @ 4 pm
- These Yankees are from the Island of Misfit Toys @ 6 pm
- New York Yankees @ Kansas City Royals at 8:10 pm (Game Thread at 7:30 pm)