Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible:
- Tanya recaps yesterday's game. Thank her kindly
- The rumor is that Mariano Rivera is set to retire after the season
- Clay Rapada is the next Yankee to go down with an injury
- Greg believes the Yankees season will be saved by pitch
- Jason talks about pilfering the Non-Roster Invitees of other teams
Around the World:
Mark Teixeira's injury will hurt the Yankees, but it won't devastate them. Even if Tex, Alex Rodriguez and Curtis Granderson were going to be out for the season the team would still be a fairly good team, according to WAR.
Here are the projections for the list of possible replacements for Mark Teixeira that Jon Heyman tweeted out last night. Compared to internal candidate, Dan Johnson, these players aren't worth pursuing.
Jay Jaffe from Sports Illustrated speaks about the eventual move to a DH in both leagues and the outlook of the Yankees injuries. At around the 2:50 mark Jaffe discusses Alex Rodriguez and Tex for the 2013 season.
IIATMS rehashes the Joba Chamberlain debate one last time to state that he was never really given much of a chance to prove he could be a starter or not. The Yankees will never know and we may never know if he could or not.
Mark Teixiera will take the time to heal 100% before he tries to play again. the strained tendon could tear if he tries to do too much on it too fast and then he and the Yankees would be in real trouble.
Andrew Marchand runs through a list of potential scenarios for how the Yankees will replace their injured players. He includes free agent candidates and internal options, but left out any of the minor league options.
Questions of the Day:
- What would your walk up music be if you were a baseball player?
- What song should be sung during the 7th inning stretch?
- What is your favorite movie snack?
- What is your favorite fruit?
Coming Up Today:
- Know Your 40: Eduardo Nunez by Andrew @ 8 a.m.
- How do the Yankees Handle Pre-Arbitration Salaries? by Craig @ 10 a.m.
- New York Yankees at Miami Marlins @ 1:05 pm (Game Thread @ 12:30 pm)