Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- Phil Hughes to begin the season on the Disabled List
- The Pinstriped Bible's 2013 MLB Predictions
- Andrew recaps last night's Yankees game
- Forbes baseball survey reveals continued prosperity for al teams
Around the Internet
- New Swing - It's About the Money | Michael Eder: IIATMS dissects Vernon Wells' new approach at the plate, which amounts to a swing that has less of an uppercut.
- Cano Versus Lefties - Pinstripe Pundits | Derek Albin: Last season Robinson Cano struggled against left handed pitching, but will that be a reoccurring trend?
- Yankee Platoons - Pinstripe Pundits | Chris Mitchell: The Yankees have a lot of platoon players on the roster this year and, by comparing their project wOBA, Mitchell creates the optimal lineup against righties and lefties.
- Retirement - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review | Rob Biertempfel: A.J. Burnett is mulling retirement and if he decides not to he might only play for the Pirates.
- Time Machine - The Wall Street Journal | Daniel Barbarisi: The Yankees have put together a 2006 All-Star team by signing Chien-Ming Wang, Vernon Wells, Ichiro Suzuki, and Travis Hafner.
- Minor League Preview - Trenton - It's About the Money | Tamar Chalker: IIATMS takes a look at the 2013 Trenton Thunder team and identifies who to watch and who has a likely shot with the Yankees.
- Doctor Visit: Ronnier Mustelier reportedly heard a crack in his knee before yesterday's game and will be examined by doctors.
- Release: The team released David Adams to make room for Vernon Wells on the 40-man roster.
- Pick Up: The Yankees claimed reliever Sam Demel from the Astros and DFA the recently acquired Dan Otero to make room for him.
Questions of the Day
- Where will Yankee Stadium IV be built?
- Who do you consider to be the best baseball player ever?
- What is your favorite museum?
- What is your favorite means of transportation?
Coming Up Today