Yesterday on Pinstriped Bible
- The Derek Jeter Daily Ankle: Day to Day in More than the Usual Sense
- Greg recaps yesterday's game
- Derek Jeter Scratched Because of "Cranky" Ankle
- Know Your 40: Michael Pineda
- Will WBC Pride Give Way to CBA Greed
- The Real Reason Bud Selig Will Not Retire
Around the Internet
- Leadership - New York Post | Kevin Kernan: Robinson Cano has been the leader of the Dominican Republic team and it is now time for him to become a leader in the Yankee clubhouse. Now, with Mariano Rivera retiring, Alex Rodriguez falling apart, and Derek Jeter's career winding down, Cano is in position to make the Yankees his team.
- Mechanics - It's About the Money | Michael Eder: IIATMS examines Brennan Boesch's swing from 2011 and 2012 in order to find any inconsistencies that may have caused his troubles at the plate. Sure enough it looks like his bat position and back foot placement have changed, so he could use some work with Kevin Long.
- Open Spot - It's About the Money | Brad Vietrogoski: If Clay Rapada can't come back from injury in time for Opening Day the Yankees might look to replace their dual LOOGYs and give someone else a shot. The likely candidates include Francisco Rondon, Vidal Nuno, Josh Spence, and even Shawn Kelley or Preston Claiborne.
- Concerning Trend - Pinstripe Pundits | Derek Albin: A majority of the players who had the same injury that Mark Teixeira has required surgery in order to get back into the game. The one exception was David Ortiz and it could have something to do with what wrist was injured in relation to the player's handedness at the plate. Tex is a switch hitter so that does not bode well for his 2013 season.
- Confrontation Ahead - Sports Illustrated | Cliff Corcoran: Cesar Carrillo was suspended by MLB to send a message to the rest of the players named in the Biogenesis scandal, but it might end up being an empty threat. The FBI, DEA and Florida Department of Health have no interest in finding evidence against these players, so the MLB can't really do anything.
- Set Back: After being scratched from Tuesday's lineup, Derek Jeter had x-rays taken of his ankle and there were signs of inflammation. He is currently listed as day-today.
- Don't Hit It Here: NoMaas believes that the already bad fielding Derek Jeter will be even worse with his ankle injury and if his backup is Eduardo Nunez then shortstop is going to be a weakness for the Yankees for awhile.
- StubHub: The Yankees have temporarily stopped StubHub from opening up a ticket pickup window across the street from Yankee Stadium by convincing a judge that picking up the tickets is part of the overall transaction and therefore, illegal.
- Worldwide Draft: In return for agreeing to an international draft, the MLPA could receive increased minimum salary and less service time required for arbitration eligibility.
Questions of the Day
- If Teixeira needs surgery what should the Yankees do from there?
- What baseball websites do you frequent, besides PB of course?
- What is the worst job you have ever had?
- Who is your favorite superhero?
Coming Up Today
- Cliff Corcoran: A Dearth of Hitters on the 40: Who Will Make the Opening Day Roster? @ 9 am
- New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox @ 1:05 pm (Game Thread @ 12:30 pm)