I've decided to say goodbye to this awful, awful year of Yankees baseball in the best way I know how; parody poetry. So, in keeping with the classic children's poem "Goodnight Moon" I give you all "Goodnight Boone."
In the big Bronx tomb
There were some broken bones
And a big buffoon
And a LOOGY who would go by the name of Boone.
And there were unanswered prayers, some oblique tears.
And ten third basemen
And a decent bullpen
And a lot of dumb boasts
Youk's face was gross
And some hits and some grit and some uneven splits
And the final days of old Yankee Andy Pettitte
Goodnight LOOGY who was so named Boone
He's a big buffoon
Goodnight third basemen
And goodnight bullpen
Goodnight dumb boasts
Youk's face was so gross
And goodnight grit
And goodnight to the old Yankee Andy Pettitte
Goodnight two thousand and thirteen
Good riddance to 2013.
- Rooting interests: which new players will garner the most fan support?
- Yankees rumors: Mark Reynolds close to signing elsewhere
- Breaking down the competition for Masahiro Tanaka
- Yankees Top Moments Tournament: (#2) 2001 late-game World Series home runs vs. (#3) Jeter's flip play
- Masahiro Tanaka chooses agent Casey Close, posting will begin Thursday morning