Brian Cashman said Michael Pineda's 26-pitch bullpen session yesterday was "all good." He could throw in a minor league game this weekend. With Phil Hughes and Freddy Garcia struggling, a healthy Pineda would be a welcome addition, but his ETA is still unclear.
- On Friday, the Yankees will wear 1912 replica uniforms in Boston to celebrate Fenway Park's 100th anniversary. Here's a preview of those unis.
- After another stellar outing, "the other guy" in the Pineda-Montero trade, RHP Jose Campos, is showing he's clearly ready for a promotion to Hi-A Tampa. His line over three starts is eye-popping: 16 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 4 BB, 18 K. Yeah, he's too good for that league.
- Derek Jeter will receive a "Doctor of Humane Letters" degree from Siena College during its commencement in May for his work with the Turn 2 Foundation. Since the Yanks have a game that day, his sister Sharlee will accept the award in his place. So add "doctor" to his list of nicknames.
- The San Francisco baseball Giants signed LHP Madison Bumgarner to a six-year contract worth $35.6M. It will pay him through the 2017 season, when he'll turn 27.
- Round 2 of the Roger Clemens perjury trial is nearing. Get your popcorn.
- A sabermetrician's view of Jackie Robinson. However you slice it, he was really good.