After winning their first game to get to 1-3, the Yanks are clearly on the same pace as the 1998 Yankees, who also started 1-3 and ended up winning 114 games. So there's a lot to look forward to! (Or perhaps there isn't.)
- Russell Martin accused Robert Andino of stealing signs when he was on second base in the ninth inning. It led to a heated argument following the game. There are two games remaining in this series, so we'll see if it amounts to anything.
- Andy Pettitte made his 2012 pro debut for the Hi-A Tampa Yankees. His line: 3 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K. He threw a ridiculous 26 of 32 pitches for strikes.
- Yu Darvish made his long-awaited ML debut last night against the Mariners. Let's just say it was underwhelming. The 6'5" righty allowed four runs in the first inning, but to his credit, settled down after that. His total line for the night: 5.2 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 4 BB, 5 K. Opposing him was former Yankee Hector Noesi, who fared even worse (3 IP, 7 ER). Texas won, 11-5.
- David Robertson's High Socks for Hope is a great cause that could always use your charity.
- Babe Ruth's granddaughter is a Red Sox and Diamondbacks fan. What?