- Curtis Granderson hasn't forgotten how to hit lefties since last season. He doubled in his first at bat of the game off Cole Hamels, and was driven in by a wind-assisted bloop by Raul Ibanez. Granderson also homered to opposite field in the game to tie the score at two a piece in the 3rd inning.
- Ivan Nova pitched two innings, allowing only a two-run (one earned) home run to Hunter Pence, while striking out two. He also committed a throwing error, which was only one of three committed by the Yankees in the game. Blame the wind, blame it being early in Spring Training, it's probably not that serious.
- Outfielder Cole Garner had himself quite a day. He doubled off Dontrelle Willis and hit a long two-run homer off Chad Qualls. Fellow outfielder Zoilo Almonte followed up his four RBI day yesterday with a two-run double today.
- Killer B's Manny Banuelos and Dellin Betances pitched three scoreless innings combined: two innings for Banuelos and one for Betances. They each walked two batters and struck out none. Banuelos allowed one hit, and was awarded the win. Neither looked very sharp, and neither looked major league ready.
- Other pitching contributions for the Yankees came from David Phelps and LOOGY candidates Cesar Cabral and Michael O'Connor. Phelps and Cabral did well; O'Connor did not, allowing three runs in the bottom of the 9th.