Good morning, Pinstripe Alley readers. Here's your usual morning news for Wednesday, March 21st.
- USA Today reported that Derek Jeter remained out with a calf injury and will not travel with the team as they take on the Rays this afternoon. Manager Joe Girardi was hopeful that Jeter would be able to return to the lineup by Friday. Jeter hasn't played since last Wednesday.
- Jorge L. Lopez of USA Today reported that Andy Pettitte looked sharp in his bullpen session. Pettitte, who threw about fifty pitches to Russell Martin, stated that he felt like he never left. Follow this link for a video of Pettitte discussing his day.
- Mike Axisa reported that Nick swisher left last night's game with tightness in his right groin. Last week, Swisher dealt with tightness in his left groin. Swisher said that there are no tests scheduled and that he will take a few days to rest.
- Over at The Yankee Analysts, Matt Imbrogno provided some commentary on the value the Yankees receive from their starting nine.
- More from The Yankee Analysts, as our own William Juliano suggests that if Raul Ibanez continues to be terrible, and with Freddy Garcia seemingly on his way toward being the odd man out, the Yankees and Angels could try to match up again in the form of a Bobby Abreu for Garcia swap.