A topic that I personally have noticed that comes up a lot in Game Threads is the guys you hear but don't see (usually)- the announcers of the game. There is a LOT of bashing of a ton of announcers throughout baseball. I'm just not sure which one is the most hated around here.
So just for fun, I'm wondering, who are your top 5 (in order) LEAST FAVORITE announcers in Major League Baseball that are NOT announcers for the Yankees (otherwise Michael Kay and Suzyn Waldman would crack a lot of these lists). Make sure you put down which team (or network if it's FOX or ESPN) they announce for. There's a lot of horrible ones throughout baseball, so I'm sure there will be a lot of different answers. Here are mine.
5. Ken Rosenthal (FOX)- Not really an announcer in the booth, but he and his robotic monologuing both deserve an honorable mention.
4. Joe Morgan (ESPN) - This is Mr. I'm going to repeat everything I think 26 times every single game. Did you guys know that he thinks Robinson Cano will win a batting title one day? He hints that it might even be this year.
3. Mark Grace (Diamondbacks)- I've only watched one game on the Diamondbacks broadcast, and I heard the phrase "Never-Say-Diemondbacks", and unless a hitter was in an absolute tear, I hear that a hit is a "slumpbuster". I'm never listening to this guy again.
2. Tim McCarver (FOX)- Do I really need to explain this one?
1. Ken "Hawk" Harrelson (White Sox)- He refers to the other team as "bad guys" says phrases that have no relevance to the game, and has more homerism to his home run calls than John Sterling. And unlike Sterling, even his HR calls for the Sox are tough to listen to. The worst was Buehrle's perfect game last year. Alexi?????? YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!! HISTORY!!! How am I supposed to know whats happening if I just turned on the game, and all I hear is "YES"? The only good thing is that he acts like he's taking a nap when the Sox are getting crushed.
There are a ton of awful announcers throughout baseball. Who are your least favorite?