Another pyrrhic victory yesterday for the Yanks. In the midst of a 14-3 drubbing, Al Aceves left the match after straining his back. He's expected to miss at least three games. All these injuries are eventually going to take their toll.
- Mark Teixeira became the first Yankee since Lou Gehrig to hit three homers in one game against the Red Sox. It's really unbelievable how he could hit .136/.300/.259 in April, then all of a sudden begin to hit just because the calendar says 'May'. And he certainly is hitting, .400/.471/.767 through seven games this month.
- Brett Gardner has a good chance to steal 70+ bases this season; he currently has 14 (with one CS) and is on pace for 78. If so, he would become the first Yankee to accomplish the feat since Rickey Henderson swiped 93 in 1988.
- There are several differences between Mets and Yankee fans...
But the biggest distinction of all had nothing to do with income, education or neighborhood. It wasn't what they read or do for fun or prefer as a pet. It was their relationship with alcohol.
Male Mets fans were 43% more likely than Yankees fans to drink beer. They also drink more in general: the percentage of male Yankees fans who said they don't drink was almost double that of their Mets counterparts (30% to 16%).
- The YES Network will air its first 3-D broadcast on July 10th when the Mariners host the Yanks. You'll need a 3-D TV to view the special broadcast.
- If you buy Yankee tickets here, the money will go toward a good cause. Green Chimneys is...
a non-profit organization with a mission of restoring possibilities and creating futures for children with emotional, behavioral, social and learning challenges through educational, therapeutic and outreach services, while providing care for animals and nature, thereby promoting a philosophy of dignity and worth for all living things.