Since the Jeopardy baseball quiz was such a disappointment (Cubs, Pirates, Cubs, Pirates, the Babe), here's a Yankee- oriented quiz. Just identify the source and/or object of the quote. Please note: Nothing quotable has been said recently. Scoring 0 wrong- pat yourself on the back. 1-3 wrong, pat someone else on the back. More than that- what are you doing on this site? I'll post the answers in a few days if necessary, but it shouldn't be too hard for most of you.
1. On the first day of spring training he told the players to "line up alphabetically by height."
2. Identify both speaker and whom he was speaking about- "he couldn't spell 'cat' if you gave him the C A."
3. Identify both parties to these quotes- Mrs Yankee " You don't know what it's like having 30,000 people screaming your name everywhere you go." Yankee- "Oh yes I do."
4. Again, both parties- "He's a mouse studying to become a rat."
5. "In one year I went from Cy Young to Sayanara."
6. "If I had known it was about some kid trying to score with a girl I never would have done it."
7. Woman at summertime function to Yankee wearing a white suit- "why [Yankee], you look cool in that suit." [Yankee] "Thanks, you don't look so hot yourself."
8. "If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself."
9. "Hit'em where they aint." (He was a Yankee briefly at the end of his career).
10. (Again, speaker and subject) "We need Mr. October, he's Mr. May."
Feedback appreciated. If this amuses, we could throw together another.