Here are a few New York Yankees' notes for a Spring Training Tuesday.
- What is going on with Brett 'Muscles' Gardner? The center field hopeful bashed his third home run of Spring Training Monday. He only hit nine in four minor-league seasons.
- The great 'Duk' at Big League Stew wraps up the 'Will the Yankees miss Alex Rodriguez or won't they?' debate by ttouching on just about everyone important who has taken sides on this issue. And yes, I am kissing up to 'Duk' because I did get a mention.
- One writer is wondering if the razor will rob CC Sabathia of his Cy Young powers. It's tongue-in-cheek, and I do like the Yankees' rules on hair, but has a haircut or a shave ever made anyone pitch better?
- The Yankee Fun Festival otherwise known as Spring Training continued Monday when Manager Joe Girardi had the team's pitchers compete in a putting contest instead of holding fielding practice. I just want to know who kidnapped Girardi and gave him a personality transplant.
- Mariano Rivera enjoyed being an ambassador for Panama during his brief stay at the World Baseball Classic.
- Jim Kaat reminds us not to be fooled by what we see from a player in Spring Training.
- Catching prospect Francisco Cervelli is getting some high praise from Mike Piazza.