Morning, New York Yankees fans! Here are a few stories to help keep you warm and cozy by your computer on a very cold day here in the Northeast.
- The Los Angeles Angels introduced Hideki Matsui yesterday, and received the full Matsui treatment with an overwhelming throng of Japanese media on hand.
- The Yankees are "looking at the entire market" for starting pitching depth, corner outfielder and designated hitters, according to GM Brian Cashman. Over at Confessions of a She Fan, Jane Heller is dreaming much bigger about ways to fill her New York Yankee Christmas stocking. Her ideas will never come to fruition, but you have to like her style.
- Over at This Purist Bleeds Pinstripes they are wondering what John Sterling will come up with for a Curtis Granderson home run call. My money is on "A Dandy from Grandy."
- Speaking of Granderson, he was knows for his work in the community while a member of the Detroit Tigers. Wednesday he took his first step toward bringing some of that work to New York City.
- Over at Talking Chop, SBN's Atlanta Braves blog, they are pushing the idea of a Derek Lowe for Nick Swisher trade. All I can say to that is, no thanks. The Yanks have already jettisoned one outfielder, maybe two if Johnny Damon doesn't come back. Besides, I don't want Lowe and his gargantuan contract, anyway.